Saturday, June 28, 2008

Disney, you owe me 3 minutes of my life back!

We went to see WALL-E tonight, and before the movie, there was a preview for Disney's "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." I think I probably lost 10 IQ points just watching the preview, so I can't imagine how detrimental a full 90 minute feature-length viewing would be to the human race:



This is the only explanation I can come up with: they plan on marketing this movie heavily, and then annihilating anybody that actually buys a ticket to it. These people must be the lowest forms of life on the planet (too harsh?), and therefore should not be allowed to repopulate. If it's too late, and they've already decided to have kids, I'm sure they'll drag their kids to this awful movie anyways, so problem solved!

Also, notice how the trailer plays it off like this is an action movie about a chihuahua warrior in the mountains of Peru or something. IT'S CALLED BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA! The main character is voiced by GEORGE LOPEZ. Come on!

Onto the actual movie: Pixar, you've done it again! After the incredible "Finding Nemo" a few years back, Pixar has had some pretty good (but not spectacular) movies in my opinion. Last year's Ratatouille missed the boat completely for me, so WALL-E was a nice breath of fresh air. I was laughing every 5 seconds, saying "awwww" every ten seconds, and smiling the entire time. Pixar has developed a social conscience as well, implying that the human race wastes too much, and most people don't get nearly enough exercise. I completely agree; it was pretty interesting to see social commentary weaved into the plot of a movie about robot love. Well done guys!

No comments: